So, we move/nos vamos

www.iriemove.com / www.iriemove.com

Nuestra nueva casa/Our new home
Gracias a todos/thank you all, Irie People!

Love

11.28.2012

In the sea there are Cocodriles


Nobody knows for sure how they arrived to the Caribbean; probably escaping from a Florida aquarium after a hurricane flood. They are all over now, not welcome anymore. The lionfish is a survivor, an agressive intruder, a predator coming from the Indo Pacific. And now as we sit around the table, we are going to eat them.

"Where am I? I wondered"

Looking around, walking in a small island, surrounded by wild life and water. I was invited for a celebration in Banco Chinchorro, just in the middle of a reef . The lion fish and I are not the only strangers passing by.



"My instinct told me I had to forget my house"

There is also a sunk boat with a skinny mast, flat life savers and a date written on one side. A friend told me there were more than 15 people on board: women, men, kids. "After landing, they ate everything on their way: iguanas, fish, crabs, birds... they really have balls, jumping to the sea in a bathtub" -he sayed. Unfortunately mexican authorities send them back to Cuba, now no one knows more about them. 





"The decision to emigrate comes from a need to breathe"

 

As I finish reading Fabio Geda's, In the sea there are cocodriles,  I remember those days, when I drove and make it to the Caribbean more than ten years ago. I was running away from the city, a boring job, traffic...looking for the sea, no work, no place to stay, car full of  love and dreams, but above all, wishing for the life I chose. I keep moving, since then I know everything is possible, there are cocodriles in the sea!!!







"You must always have a wish in front of your eyes, like a donkey with a carrot, and how it's in trying to satisfy our wishes that we find the strength to pick ourselves up, and if you hold a wish up high, any wish just in front of your forehead, then life will always be worth living"
 The story of Enaiatollah Akbari, a 10 year old boy on his five year journey from Afghanistan to Italy.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario